Venue: Webcasting - Virtual. View directions
Contact: Email: email@example.com
Webcast: View the webcast
Declarations of Interest
To receive and note any declarations of disclosable pecuniary or prejudicial or personal interests in respect of any matters included on the agenda for consideration at this meeting.
(The personal interests of Councillors and Clerks of Somerset County Council, Town or Parish Councils and other Local Authorities will automatically be recorded in the minutes.)
Members present at the meeting declared the following personal interests in their capacity as a Councillor or Clerk of a County, Town or Parish Council or any other Local Authority:-
Application to vary a Premises Licence under the Licensing Act 2003
The Chairman introduced himself and his fellow Sub-Committee Members,
Officers and the Legal Advisor then explained their roles. As well as
acknowledging the documents, he explained the procedure to be followed during this meeting of the Sub-Committee.
The Licensing Officer introduced her previously circulated report. The hearing
was to consider an application to grant a Premises Licence under the Licensing Act 2003 for Bar 21, 21 The Avenue, Minehead, TA24 5AY
As six relevant representations have been received by the licensing authority, the sub-committee must take such steps as it considers appropriate for the promotion of the four licensing objectives, being:
· The prevention of crime and disorder;
· The prevention of public nuisance;
· Public safety;
· The protection of children from harm.
The steps the sub-committee may take are to:
· Grant the variation of the premises licence subject to conditions identifies in the applicant’s operating schedule (modified to such extent as the authority considers appropriate for the promotion of the licensing objectives) and any appropriate mandatory conditions.
· Grant the variation of the premises licence subject to variations to the licensable activities and or timings proposed in the application, or to propose additional conditions relevant to the four licensing objectives.
· Reject the application.
The following comments and points were presented by the Applicant:-
· No objections had been received by the consultees;
· The venue had a five star rating for food;
· The premises CCTV system has been upgraded and enhanced to 22 cameras;
· All staff have been trained on the Challenge 25 course with regular training given every few months;
· All HR related processes were delivered by Peninsular;
· We have good public relations with customers and near neighbours;
· We have won awards twice with Trip Advisor for our good customer service;
· There has not been any complaints of noise and other premises were open later than Bar 21;
· There have not been any incidents in the bar this year to date;
· Care is taken with local residents with regards to welfare checks;
· Bar 21 has run a lot of Charity events to raise money for local causes;
Decision Notice (attached)