Venue: The John Meikle Room - The Deane House. View directions
Contact: Clare Rendell Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Webcast: View the webcast
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies were received from Councillors B Allen, D Perry and A Sully.
Declarations of Interest
To receive and note any declarations of disclosable pecuniary or prejudicial or personal interests in respect of any matters included on the agenda for consideration at this meeting.
(The personal interests of Councillors and Clerks of Somerset County Council, Town or Parish Councils and other Local Authorities will automatically be recorded in the minutes.)
Members present at the meeting declared the following personal interests in their capacity as a Councillor or Clerk of a County, Town or Parish Council or any other Local Authority:-
Public Participation - To receive only in relation to the business for which the Extraordinary Meeting has been called any questions, statements or petitions from the public in accordance with Council Procedure Rules 14,15 and 16
The Chair to advise the Committee of any items on which members of the public have requested to speak and advise those members of the public present of the details of the Council’s public participation scheme.
For those members of the public who have submitted any questions or statements, please note, a three minute time limit applies to each speaker and you will be asked to speak before Councillors debate the issue.
We are now live webcasting most of our committee meetings and you are welcome to view and listen to the discussion. The link to each webcast will be available on the meeting webpage, but you can also access them on the Somerset West and Taunton webcasting website.
No members of the public had requested to speak on any item on the agenda.
This matter is the responsibility of the Leader of the Council, Councillor Federica Smith-Roberts.
During the discussion, the following points were raised:-
· The Leader of the Council advised the Executive that she would be the nominated representative from Somerset West and Taunton Council on the Implementation Board.
· Councillors supported the recommendations.
· Councillors agreed that it was important for all five councils to work together to create the New Council.
· Councillors queried who the other representatives were on the Board.
The Leader of the Council advised who had been nominated by the other councils.
Resolved that the Executive:-
1. Agreed to the establishment of a Local Government Reorganisation Implementation Board together with the other Somerset Councils constituted in accordance with, and having the functions set out in, the terms of reference attached at Appendix 1 (“Terms of Reference”).
2. Confirmed the Somerset West and Taunton Council nomination to the Implementation Board.